VirtueShop is an Open-source PHP based E-commerce solution for selling tangible and virtual products over the Internet.
It's a component for a Content Management System called Joomla and cannot be used without it. It installs fairly easy using the automatic Component and Module Installer. It is intended for use in small to mid-size businesses.
VirtueShop is released under the GNU General Public License. It is free to download and use.
VirtueShop offers a lof of features, some of the standard features are listed here. Please note that you can extend the functionality of Joomla and VirtueShop using Plugins, Components, Templates and Modules to make them do what you need.
- Capable of using Secure Sockets Layer (https) Encryption (128-bit)
- Flexible Tax Models
- Model 1: Zone based Tax Calculation (Based on Customer Address)
- Model 2: Vendor based Tax Calculation
- Model 3: AvaTax
- Model 4: EU Mode (Vendor based Tax Calculation when Customer is from an EU Country)
- Customers can manage their User Accounts (registration required)
- Shipping Address Management
- Order History: Customer can view all their previous Orders
- Customizable Order Confirmation email sent to Customer and Vendor
- Multi-Currency (allow customers to change the default currency and buy using an alternative Currency)
- Multilingual (using 3rd party Joomla extensions such as JoomFish).
Product Catalog Features
- Manage an unlimited number of Products and Categories,
- Use as a Shop or as an Online-Catalog (you can even turn off Price Display)
- Search based on Products, Categories and Manufacturers; filter by features or discounted Products
- Product Review and Ratings (moderated or auto-published)
- Feature specific Products by setting them "on special"
- Product Availability (show how fast a Customer can expect delivery)
- Downloadable Products
- Pre-order Products
- Sold Out Products
- Auto notify when Product is back in stock
- Multiple Images and Files (like Spec Sheets and Flyers) per Product,
- Product Variants (like Size or Color) can be added to Products,
- Unlimited Custom Product Fields (add Fields specific to your shop),
- Product Types for Classification (like "Car", "Motorbike" or "Music Album"),
- Product Families (group of products with the same type),
- Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options),
- Category and Product show only to specific Joomla groups,
- Multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
- Flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
- On-the-Fly Price Conversion between different Currencies
- On-the-fly Price Change with different selection of product variants
- Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a Summary of new Customers, new Orders....
- Stock Level Control for Products and Items
- Order Management with Order History, Customer Notification and Order Edit Functionality
- Basic Reporting Feature: sold Items, monthly&yearly Revenue
- Order Status Management
- Manage different Currencies, Countries & States
- Capable of live Credit Card Processing
- 19 bundled Payment Gateways, Authorize.net®, PayPal Standard, PayPal Advanced, PayPal Pro, 2Checkout, eWay, Worldpay, PayMate, NoChex, Verisign PayFlow Pro, ePay, iKobo, iTransact, Merchant Warrior, PayMeNow, eProcessingNetwork, PaySbuy, Cash on Delivery and Purchase Order
- Extend your Shop with other Payment Modules using the Payment Module API
- Flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
- Live Shipping Rates using USPS, UPS, FedEx, InterShipper or Canada Post
- Extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Shipping Module API
Short note on Project History: VirtueShop is a fork of VirtueMart which is the successor of mambo-phpShop. mambo-phpShop was the first port of phpShop to Mambo. phpShop was developed by Edikon Corp and the phpShop community http://www.phpshop.org.